Thursday 15 September 2011

THAT GIRL WITH A BOOT-FETISH.....LOOKING AT...... ‘THAT GIRL IN YELLOW BOOTS’!!





INITIAL EXCITEMENT
The movie had me hooked the moment I saw its cover poster .Not because the face staring back at me was belonged to one of the most unconventional celebrities .Not because the metaphoric title made me see a shocking story in a new light but it was the rare scheme of colours and most importantly the picture of the rare yellow boots that took my attention. Being a shoe fanatic, I was drooling at the very sight of them.
PRE-EXPECTATION
Looking at the scheme of colours –black and yellow and especially the shining yellow boots, I expected the movie to have a vivid mix of both bright and dark side of life.
TAKE 1-AGREABILITY WITH THE STRUGGLE & GREY SHADES OF CHARACTER
Moving with the story, I completely agreed with the protagonist’s thrive to find her father. In search for love we all have to jump through hoops and pass though colossal hurdles that once seemed unapproachable.
“Love is the reason to remain sane yet the yearning for it is an excuse to be insane in all the spheres of life”
The yearning of having someone to fall back on not only makes you feel restless but also changes the way you  look at life. The things once obvious to you become weird and the weirdest of all the things somehow fall right into the realm of normalcy. Inspite of the incessant efforts you put in your daily chores there still is a frown you that you carry all day because the thought process supercedes all efforts to put up a brave front.
Thus, Optimism changes its definition, subtly, to hope against hope, slowly and silently poisoning your personality.
TAKE 2- BETRAYED BY THE CRUEL END & AMBIGUOUS CORRELATION OF TITLE WITH THE STORY
The assumptions, imaginations and expectations, fail me, leaving behind a cloud of discontentment and shock. My soul is stirred and shaken, at the gush of cruel reality, as also, the same old question.......what’s with the yellow boots!
FLASH TIME!
 Still zapped by the title conundrum and equally outraged at the depicted cruelty, I happened to glance down my feet, at my favourite shoes, and suddenly...... everything fell into place!   :
The journey of the girl on a mission, possessed by her demons, out to seek answers, and to avenge by her 'dirty yellow cunning', makes complete sense now!
“There’s a left shoe and an obviously a  right.one. The Italian word for left is ‘sinistro ‘, also meaning ‘sinister’ in English! Also, the opposite of right is wrong. So...... SHOES ARE A PERSON’S YIN AND YANG!!   We have both good and evil within us. Nobody is perfect, and we all have shades of grey “And I guess, it’s our dark side which makes our lives all the more interesting and unconventional!!”
“The girl in yellow boots finally gets to the end of the road, where 'the shoes come off' and the heels strike hard, on our hearts, making them tremble to the bitter taste of reality. “
But, sadly, our minds have become so immune to the bad things in life, that it automatically forces us to shut our hearts, ears and eyes, to anything that even hints at darkness, as a blockade, to continue onto our mundane ‘brighter ‘ paths.
I’M WEARING GLARES TO PREVENT DARKNESS TO ENTER MY SOUL            


Delving into the dark and poisonous side of life may make for interesting cinema, but the thing to ponder over is: does it really make for an interesting life! The answer is perhaps somewhere in the middle- getting caught in the quagmire of negativity i.e. hatred, revenge, indignation, retribution, unforgiveness, etc., should ideally teach one of the potential disasters in harbouring them. It should ideally be a guide as to how life's cards should not be played by oneself, and what changes one HAS to bring about to move FORWARD, because life surely cannot be about external conflicts, but about internal conflicts, and the belief in a much higher purpose, to be harmoniously and benevolently achieved.'

That Girl With Yellow Boots' may be a 'hit' in 'reel' life, but in 'real' life, I could do without it!!.....

15 comments:

  1. nice post. i have not seen the film... i like dark films tho.. films that peep into the dark realities of life.

    but too much of obsession with "sex" and other "handshake" and the gaali galoch is what i dislike.

    lets hand it over to kalki.

    she is a terrific actress.

    and you, a gifted writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Aham:- Sir! thanks for the awesome comment. A compliment like that coming from you means a lot to me ..You Just Made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! This was a very touching post and also a very truth-relvealing 1. Well explaind and I loved your "Yin and Yang" ideology. Must say, i'm impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yin and Yang!
    hahh..very nicely penned!
    :)

    Keep it up Sonam!
    Do check back on my posts toO!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As doc said, amazing insight, I see more than that. Real critique in the making.
    Keep it up.
    I had read a book by pg Wodehouse , THe girl on a boat, a hilarious read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its a good post Sonam, well critiqued. it isn't easy to be objective about a movie that we loved or hated - either which way. good attempt.
    makes me want to watch the movie - for Anurag's sakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. pls remove the word verification for comments

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog...Just nominated you for the VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD::

    http://sinbycosmoy.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/and-i-heard-whoopsy-daisy/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happens Sonam..there are always times when these movie makers raise expectations and then deliver a dud but koi baat nahin dont you worry they are also human...so just forgive them this time :) next time we both will take the director to task..am completely with you on this one :) on a diff note please keep posting...i can see a writer emerging there and dont forget to keep your mind open... because thats where thoughts, ideas and dreams come in from :) more power to your thoughts..

    ReplyDelete
  10. "SHOES ARE A PERSON’S YIN AND YANG!! " Whoa ! I never knew I would ever get to read a review of shoes and that too like this ! It was a great read :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @adisin:-Thanks for the lovely feedback .. loved the way u say it :)
    @priyanka:-thanks for dropping by . im glad u liked it :) will check ur blog soon
    @Vikram:- Thanks a ton doc !! your comments always make me smile
    @Muan Vision :-hey! thanks for droppin by. OMG!! critique in the making !! wow !! that was too much to ask for ... BOWS DOWN!!
    @Hariharan:- Thanks a lot sir !!
    @sujata:- hehe .. thanks a ton for the feedback!! ya do go for the movie.. for anurag's ske and also for my post's sake :p and ya ill work on the verification thing. Thanks for pointing out
    @sinbycosmoy:- oh wow!!that sounds awesome . thanks for dropping in
    @India's no1 blog :- Hey !! thanks for the lovely comment . haha.. no no wewont take the director for task . we'll just write what our hearts say :)
    @shadows galore :- thanks for dropping by !! oh it was ought to be a write up on a film which turned out to be a a shoe review instead .hehe.. coz i was so smitten by the yellow boots :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting one. I expected it to be a review of the movie but it was amazing. I loved the way you highlighted the text in yellow. Brilliant touch. Too much depth in the article..the quotes about love, glares give the right tadka. I will remember the quote about glares when I see someone wearing it. Just confused-should we see the movie or not?

    ReplyDelete
  13. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Fribroid,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete